Associate .epub extension with Readium in ChromeOS

4 posts / 0 new
Last post

Hello, thanks in advance for any help with the following issue.....

I am using a Chromebook and I have the Readium app installed.

I open Chrome Browser and click on a hyperlink to an epub file (where the epub is stored on a web server somewhere).

I get a message from the browser saying "This file type is not supported. Please visit the Chrome Web STore to find an app that can open this type of file."

I asked in a Chromebook forum if there was a way to associate an .epub filetype with the Readium app and they responded that there is no user-configurable file association settings in the Chrome OS. THey suggested that the Readium app has to build that functionality.

So, is there a way to configure the Readium app such that if I click a link to an .epub file in Chrome browser, that I am prompted to open the .epub file in Readium?

Thanks for any assistance.

We are planning to add this support at some point, but have not yet done so. Thanks for the feedback.

We are planning to add this support at some point, but have not yet done so. Thanks for the feedback.

So, is there a way to configure the Readium app such that if I click a link to an .epub file in Chrome browser, http://unitedstatesmapz.com/

Secondary menu