The International Digital Publishing Forum (IDPF) is the global trade and standards organization dedicated to the development and promotion of electronic publishing and content consumption.
The work of the IDPF promotes the development of electronic publishing applications and products that will benefit creators of content, makers of reading systems, and consumers. The IDPF develops and maintains the EPUB content publication standard that enables the creation and transport of reflowable digital books and other types of content as digital publications that are interoperable between disparate EPUB-compliant reading devices and applications.
The IDPF welcomes book, newspaper, journal and magazine publishers, booksellers, software and reading system developers, authors, and other groups interested in digital reading to join our organization.
The goals of the IDPF are to:
- Promote industry-wide adoption of electronic publishing through standards development, conferences, best practices, and demonstrations of proven technology.
- Develop, publish, and maintain common standards (e.g. EPUB) relating to electronic publications and promote the successful adoption of these specifications.
- Encourage interoperable implementations of EPUB publications and reading systems and provide a forum for resolution of interoperability issues.
- Identify, evaluate, and recommend standards created by other bodies related to electronic publishing.
- Provide a forum for the discussion of issues and technologies related to electronic publishing.
- Accommodate differences in language, culture, reading and learning styles, and individual abilities.
Website powered by Drupal.