Digital device

The global trade and standards association for electronic publishing.

IDPf's mission is to foster global adoption of an open, accessible, interoperable digital publishing ecosystem that enables innovation. IDPF's strategy to effectively advance its mssion is to develop (collaboratively) and promote EPUB as the universal accessible interchange and delivery ecosystem for eBooks and other digital publications advancing the Open Web platformRead more ›

Text cut off in both top and bottom in iPad

2 posts / 0 new
Last post

I'm having a issue in an ePub 3 file viewing in iPad. The text is getting cut off partially or a complete line is disappeared in both top and bottom marigin. ePub 3 file is a two column file. Can someone help me resolving this?

I've seen this happen with EPUB 2-enhanced on the iPad. You can try changing the text size, but the problem will likely move to another point in the content when the text is reflowed.

One thing I checked that really helped prevent the issue was to make sure I had iBooks set to display full screen - this is the fix for the problem you are describing.

However, if switching on full screen does not resolve your problem, or introduces a different problem, you will need to adjust the CSS "page-break-inside: avoid !important;" values associate with classes where you don't want page breaks happening.

Hope this helps!

-Jean Kaplansky,
Solution Architect

Secondary menu